Daycare Guidelines for 2020-2021
L.E.S. is happy to be able to offer daycare services to those who wish to register their children. Please read the following information and don’t hesitate to contact us at 819-347-1451 should you have further questions.
We offer the following services (categorized according to the government definitions as of August, 2004):
- Primary and 5-year-old kindergarten students who are present at day- care at least two periods a day, 3 to 5 days a week
- Cost is $8.50 per child, per day
- Noon hour supervision fees are not charged to parents who register their children as full time status, prior to September 30, 2020. However, it is important to note that if you have paid supervision fees and then register your child after September 30th, you will not be reimbursed these fees. PART-TIME/SPORADIC;
- Anything less than the above
- Cost is $4.00 per child per hour
- Noon hour supervision fees may apply Important: If your child will be attending on a sporadic basis, you must give the daycare prior notice of attendance so that we can be sure that we have adequate staff in place to welcome them. This must be done by written notice or by calling 819-347-1451. You must also inform your child’s teacher so that they know not to put them on the bus at the end of the day. PLANNING DAYS:
- The cost is $14.00 per day.
- The daycare is open from 7:30 to 5:30 on planning days
- Parents who request planning days, can choose these days on a month- to-month basis.
- A permission form with a “return deadline” is given out each month. Invitations are given out on a Monday to be returned on Friday.
- If your invitation is not received back to the Daycare on the actual return date, your child(ren) will not be able to attend the event. There will be absolutely no exceptions.
- Please note that this is a service that the LES Daycare offers. However, children who refuse to follow rules both at Daycare and in school, can be refused the service.
- Cafeteria service will be available for Planning Days, except on Monday when the cafeteria is not open. Please send a cold lunch on Monday Planning Days. Payment for the lunch on Planning Days is due on the day of.
- Extra fees are collected for outings and special events.
- Some activities may have limited space for attendance due to activity or staffing availability. RSVP’s will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Important: Theoptionofplanningdayswillonlybeofferedtostudents whoareregisteredasfull-timeorsporadic. Wewillnotbeaccepting drop-ins. SNOW DAYS
• Please note that when the school is closed due to snowstorms or other emergency events, the daycare is closed as well. This also applies if the school board closes the school on planning days. The daycare will be closed as well
1. Always call the daycare (819-347-1451) if your child will be absent. If
your child will be at school, but will not be going to daycare as scheduled, you must also inform the homeroom teacher. If your child is absent from school for the day, please notify both the daycare and the school secretary.
- All parents must park on Academy Street, not in the staff parking area. Due to safety reasons, the staff parking area is restricted from 7:30 am to 5:45 pm.
- Always accompany your child to and from the daycare room. Please initial the sign-in and sign-out form.
- A homework period is provided (approx. 30 min.) from Monday to Thursday. Please notify the daycare staff if your child needs this support. Please request a homework form.
5. The school and the daycare are both NUT & PEANUT FREE AREAS. 6. Kindergarten children need an extra pair of indoor shoes just for
Your child’s place is reserved; therefore, payment is due for absences regardless of the reason. This applies to reserved Planning days as well.
- Fees can now be paid through online banking, or should be paid by cheque. If for some reason a cheque does not pass, then the fees must be paid in cash.
- Please note that receipts are issued to the person who makes payment. We do need to have a social insurance number in order to produce a rélevé 24 for you or whoever has made payment for your child.
- Statements are given out on the first day of each month. Payment is due upon receipt of statement. FAILURE TO MAKE PAYMENT: If payments are not met, steps will be taken as follows:
- A verbal reminder will be given
- A written notice will be issued
- A final written notice will be sent informing the parent/guardian of suspension of daycare services in the next week until payment is made in full.
- As a last resort, the account will be given to a collection agency.
- Repeated issues of non and/or late payment may result in a permanent suspension of services. WITHDRAWAL FROM THE DAYCARE / CHANGES TO STATUS:
- One week’s notice is required before withdrawing your child. Fees will be due if you fail to notify the daycare.
- Any change in days/contract is subject to availability of space. Changes cannot be made more than once per month and notice must be given one week prior to the beginning of the month. For example, if your child is registered full-time for the month of November and you wish to change the status to part-time, notice must
be given no later than the end of the 3rd week in October. Should this not be done, your child’s status will remain as full-time for the month of November and you will be billed accordingly. A new contract must be signed if the change is from full-time to part-time, or part-time to full-time.
LATE PICK-UP CHARGES:
- The cost will be $4.00 for the first 10 minutes after 5:45 pm
- An additional charge of $4.00 for each 5 minutes past 5:55 pm
- Charges for planning days start at 5:30. CHANGE IN PERSON PICKING UP CHILDREN:
- You must inform the daycare in advance, (written note or phone call), if the person coming to pick up your child is unfamiliar to the staff, or even to the child. Please note: These people could be asked for identification until they become familiar to the daycare staff.
- No child will be allowed to leave with any person who is not on this list unless the daycare has been otherwise notified. ***Signing of the registration form indicates that you will respect the terms listed in this guidelines document.
We are fortunate to have a daycare service at L.E.S. Should you require information, please feel free to call Christine Ransom at 819-347-1451 and leave a message. She will get back to you promptly.
We look forward to another wonderful year working with your child(ren) !
Planning Days pictures will be posted regularly.
It’s always fun spending time with friends during days off…and the activities which are available are awesome!
DON’T FORGET, YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR CHILD’S PLACE IN ADVANCE FOR
PLANNING DAYS AND SPECIAL OUTINGS.