Tuesday January 23rd :
As part of the Read-A-Thon activities your child will be reading with another student today. Buddy reading is always an exciting exchange with our students.
Students are also invited to wear a t-shirt with a saying or logo on it today.
Friday January 26th :
Today is the last day to turn in your money and pledge sheets for our read-a-thon. Please remember that every little bit helps and all sheets must be accounted for, so please return them to us.
How it works:
- From January 15th to 25th, students collect pledges and record them on a pledge sheet
- Sponsors donate an amount of their choice, with the expectation that the student they are sponsoring will read, at their level, a minimum of 15 minutes each night, for 3 consecutive nights
- January 26th, deadline to return all pledges to school
- From January 30th- February 2nd, students will read each night!
- Students will have a reading log, which they will fill in and return to school each day during this week
During the Read-a-thon, there will be an extra focus on reading at the school, and several fun activities are planned to foster school spirit and community-building, including Together Tuesday, DEAR time, and Flashlight Friday (see details on the reverse of this paper).
The Fine Print
- Should you or your child choose not to participate in the fundraiser, please return the blank pledge sheet as soon as possible, as we collect all sheets for auditing purposes.
- Monies raised in the Read-a-thon will only be used to offset the costs for those students who participate in the collection of funds.
Thank you for supporting our students!
Sincerely, The LES Read-a-thon Committee